We didn’t raise the Statue of Liberty with its back to the world. We raised it with its light to the world. What makes us American is not a question of what we look like or what our names are. What makes us American is our shared belief in the enduring promise of this country – and our shared responsibility to leave it more generous and more hopeful than we found it.
President Barack Obama
In an oped, explaining his decision to no longer deport undocumented immigrants who were brought to the United States as children.
12 Notes/ Hide
- breakthroughtv likes this
- theredfiltersthrough reblogged this from con-tem-plate
- refugeeresettlementri reblogged this from welcomingrhodeisland
- chalinostyle likes this
- cswonderlandxd reblogged this from alcoholichulk
- alcoholichulk reblogged this from con-tem-plate
- welcomingrhodeisland reblogged this from con-tem-plate
- bestisarsenal reblogged this from con-tem-plate
- bestisarsenal likes this
- cityofbarcelona likes this
- con-tem-plate posted this